Thursday, September 17, 2015

From My Barn To Yours

Hi all!  I’m here with my 4th entry into the MFT Card Design Superstar contest.  It’s a surprise easel card (that’s what I called it when I first made THIS ONE 5 years ago).  Here it is closed flat:

WholeHerd1a

You can see the barn doors open to reveal the piggy inside.  And then when you open up the barn easel portion, there’s a surprise flap of grass to hold the easel in place:

WholeHerd1b

The great thing about just making the barn an easel is that the card inside is completely hidden so you can write any kind of message you want and your recipient doesn’t have to worry about it showing when she displays your card. 

Here’s a higher shot so you can see the sentiment, which was hidden by the barn in the closed position:

WholeHerd1c

I used a bunch of MFT product for this card:

This is also for SSS Wednesday Challenge – use at least one die cut and Little Red Wagon – Try something new (this is my first time using the Barn Die-namics).

I made a video:

And here’s THE LINK in case you can’t see the video player above.  I hope you like it and TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Maureen, what a wonderful, interesting card! Thanks for the video too! Thanks for joining us this week at LRW Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Maureen! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done!! Love the 3-D effect and your craftsmansip is superb (as always)! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Maureen! Love the pop up barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER genius, Maureen! This card was one of my favorites of the contest entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been spotted!

    http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedNov24

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!