Thursday, May 14, 2015

Soy Awesome

Hi all!  It’s time for new challenges over at the YNS Challenge Blog.  This time our colors are:

YNS Color Challenge 14

And here’s our sketch:

YNSSketch-14

I went with the sketch and came up with this:

SoyAwesome1

I stamped the bottle from Soy Awesome with my MISTI and Memento black ink and colored it with Copics.  I then put it back in my MISTI and overstamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Next I positioned the sentiment and stamped with dark brown ink to sort of match the soy sauce (or as we say it, shoyu).

I die cut 2 pieces with the Stripe-tastic Rectangles die set (the use of these was inspired by Sue - thanks Sue!) out of toner cardstock that I made and foiled them with gold Deco Foil.  I glued them on my card base, foam mounted the focal panel, and added Candy Apple Red Glittered Gumdrops to finish it off.

I made a video, but it’s not quite ready yet, so I’ll have it up for the next Whatcha Watching? on Wednesday on the YNS Blog.

Be sure to check out all the inspiration from the team, and we hope to see you playing along!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!